Vibro ripper is a special excavator attachment for breaking jobs, but which is different from hydraulic breaker. It is mainly used for soft rocks which is not so hard. Sometimes it is also used for frozen earth in some cold area.
Excavator Vibro Ripper Applications and Features:
- There are several specialties for hydraulic vibro ripper, such as high efficient, energy conservation, environmental protection.
- Under the feasibility working conditions, The ripper output capacity is 3-5 times higher than hydraulic breakers.
- In the same working condition ,SWT excavator mounted vibro ripper can save 30% fuel consumption than hydraulic breakers.
- The excavator high frequency vibro ripper working noise is only 50-75db, it is meet city proper working requires for noise, even working in the evening.
- Equiped extra sunderwater working kits, the vibro ripper can do underwater rock breaking jobs.
What is the difference between vibro ripper and hydraulic breaker?
Peope may think the vibro ripper is the same as hydraulic breaker for rock breaking jobs. But why the vibro ripper price is much higher than hydraulic breaker. It is a special designed excavator attachments for rock breaking. As you know the stones or rocks have different types and grage on hardness.You can check following chart to learn more.
|Rock types||Hardness Grade|
|Red Sand Rock,Fluorite||3-4 Grade|
Different from hydraulic breaker, the vibro ripper breaks the rocks by high frequency vibration accompany with the machine weight itself, not by single time impacting power. So it is very higher efficient while working in lower hardness grade mining or quarry, like the talc, gyesum, red sand rock….
But for very hard rocks like marble,adamas,the excavator vibro ripper will jump on the rocks but without breaking. For hard rocks, the hydraulic breaker will be better than vibro ripper for excavators.
Working performance comparing video between hydraulic breaker and virbo ripper.
Working performance comparing chart between hydraulic breaker and vibro ripper for excavators:
Features of SWT Attachments Vibro Ripper for sale:
- Enhance 3-5 times higher output, higher breaking effiency.
- Lower fuel consumption on excavators , exconomic cost.
- Minimum damage on excavator booms and hydraulic system, high frequency vibro ripper protecting excavator pumps.
- Working underwater and subsurface with special underwarder working kits
- Very lower working noise with comfortable operations
SWT brand excavator vibro ripper parameters:
How to choose the right model vibro ripper for your excavators.
The working and breaking performance is related to the weight of the vibro ripper itself, the more heavier for the machine, the higher working performance it is. So we recommed the user choose heavy model rippers with big excavators which is at least around 20tons.
- Steps to choose the swt vibro ripper for your excavator and project.
a. Check your excavator status, if you have heavy duty excavator, that will be better.
b. The smallest vibro ripper is for 20 ton excavators, if your excavator is smaller, we don’t recommend to install vibro ripper.
c. After figure out the model and weight of your availiable excavtors, you can check our parameters chart.
d. On the chart, you can know the excavator capacity for every model vibro ripper.
e. Choose the right model which includes your excavator capacity
f. If one excavator can fit 2 or more rippers, the heavy one is higher effiency than light one.
For example: If your excavator is Komatsu PC360, you can choose vibro ripper model SHV50 for 30-36 ton exccavators, and SHV60 for 36-45 ton excavators. If you want higher effiency , you can choose SHV60. If you want economic price, you can choose SHV50.
Installation instruction for excavator vibro ripper
If you have installed the hydraulic breaker pipe kits on your excavator aleady, that will be easy to install the vibro ripper. It can use the original rock breaker pipe kits for rippers, then an extra low pressure oil hose from the vibrating ripper motor to the excavator hydraulic oil tank for pressure relasing and protect the motor.
Vibro ripper mainbody structurer and wearing spare parts
- Structurer of vibro ripper
- Wearing parts for exchanging
Notice about the hydraulic oil to use a new SWT vibro ripper:
Because the stipulation the vibro rippers can not shipping with any oil or gas.
- Please use 18L JOMO GL-4 90 high quality automotive gear oil (ISO VG220 or ISO VG320 gear oil) and a 40L nitrogen gas bottle (breaker gas bottle)
Refuel 16L gear oil into the vibration case before first running, and please keep 6Kg nitrogen gas pressure inside of the air spring.
- Please grease every oiling points (8 points) before working and greasing every day one time.
- Change the gear oil after first 20 working hours, and then change the gear oil every 500 hours.
Excavator Vibro ripper woking principle.
The high-frequency vibration is generated through the hydraulic energy (flow) that generates the rotation to drive the eccentric component to rotate, so that the ripper moves up and down periodically to produce the excitation force.
How to properly operate the Vibro ripper?
After the installation of the Vibro ripper, the stress during the ripper operation is how to properly use it and to take the best advantages.
- As working characteristics, the Vibro ripper does not crush the objects directly, but destroys the original structure of the rocks by inserting the cutter plate into it due to the high frequency impacts. When the crack is big enough, which is caused by the high frequency vibration, the hillside will collapse off automatically.
- In operating the Vibro ripper, first, use the forearm to press the ripper adequately so that the teeth are well pressed against the hillside; after confirming the well contact, tread the pedal valve to start the Vibro ripper.
- After completing peeling of the rocks, it is appropriate to stop the oil supply with the pedal valve as in advance as possible in order to avoid non-working strikes.
- During the use of the ripper in the crushing work, please try to keep the cutter plate at the angle perpendicular to the ground plane so as to maximize the impact energy of the Vibro ripper.
- The teeth may get stuck in the rock during the operation, in this case, do not manipulate the forearm to shake or pry, otherwise, the teeth or teeth root may get broken. The correct way is to stop the oil supply with the pedal valve to wait the ripper to stop down; then tread on the pedal valve to start a short moment of vibration, after that, the forearm of the excavator can be operated in order to get the ripper off the rock.
- In the situation of hard rocks, it is a good practice for point-by-point crushing. When the hillside structure is destroyed sufficiently, start the peeling and crushing on it. It is a bad way to do the crushing by concentration on a certain point for a long moment.
- If the ripper has to work at an angle of elevation, it is necessary to confirm if the oil pipe from the ripper to the excavator is long enough, in this case, do the point-by-point crushing at the premise of the safety confirmation of the operation environment
Types of inspection are required in any of the following situations while using excavator vibro rippers:
A. New product, trial production for the existing product in a new production environment;
B. Major change to the existing product that may affect the product performance in terms of structure, materials and process;
C. Resuming of production after a suspension of two or more years due to any cause;
D. If the user requires the type inspection in the ordering contract, which will serves as one of the product acceptance basis;
If the National quality supervision department requires so;
SWT vibro ripper installation and operation manual instructions:
1.Link with the excavator
All of the spaces between the pins and the vibro ripper must less than 2.5mm, use spacers to fix the interval.
2.Link the hydraulic hoses and pipes
Two main hydraulic pipes are link with the excavator as normal breakers, the smallest pipe is starting from the hydraulic motor, ending to the excavator’s oil tank, must go through to the oil tank with out any valves or filter elements. The working pressure and oil flow please check the specification or contact with us to confirm for different types of the vibro rippers.
3.Check and prepare
Fill 16L-18L 220# high strength anti-wear gear oil from the oil-filling bolt.
If filled too much oil, it will come out from the single way valve on the top of the shell, and it is will not influence on use.
The first time change the oil is after 20 hours working. Clean the magnet oil-filling bolt and fill 16L-18L 220# high strength antiwear gear oil, the second time and future to change to oil are after 500 hours.
Check the air spring pressure, the pressure must above 0.5Mpa, and below 0.85 Mpa. (6Kgs-8Kgs)
Nonstandard air pressure will make damages on the top linkage assembly (less pressure), and unmoral vibration to the excavator (over pressure).
Grease all of the grease plug holes and grease every day before starting the work.
4.How to work.
Before starting the vibrate, the forearm of the excavator must full pressing on the top of the linkage of the vibro ripper, until the bottom pad has been 100% left form the bottom rubber.
Empty hits will damage the bottom rubber untimely and make damages on the bottom linkage assembly.
The working angle from the shank of the vibro ripper between the rock must below 90 degrees, and do not vibrate and impact on the same point over 30 seconds.
Too much time to vibrate on the same point will make the tooth untimely cost.
Three operate angle requires for vibro ripper(Every operate time):
a.Excavator chain angle
The excavator chain should be left the ground (adequately push the arm cylinders, and pressure on the vibro ripper, let the chain left the ground), the distance should be more the 20mm left from the ground.
b.Shank and ground angle
The vibro ripper’s shank should be have an included angle, the shank should be follow the cracks of the rock ( lengthways cracks), if the cracks are crosswise, the shank should be less than 30 degrees form the cross line of the rock.
c.Vibro ripper working angle
When the vibro ripper working on the plane area, the vibro ripper can working with a bigger angle( between shank and the ground )to get bigger impact power, if the vibro ripper working on steps working area, the angle should be between 80-60 degrees.
Other operate tips for excavator vibro ripper
The working depth of the shank should not too much or over the bottom bearing cover.
Too deep ripping will make the rock touch the bottom linkage, and make damages on the bottom linkage assembly, or the bearings.
Ripping with out vibration is not allowed; it will make damages on the welding shank and the tooth.
Excavator vibro ripper maintenance:
- Please add the right amount of grease to the filling ports on a regular basis.
- For a period of 10-15 days from the beginning of using of the Vibro ripper, please replace of the gear oil in the gear box, while replace it again after a month.
- Take care of the bolts for motor connection during the operation, and check the tightness of the bolt after each use.
- Please check the air volume in the air spring regularly every day, and inflate it in a timely manner when the air pressure is insufficient.
- Pay attention to the rubber block, which should be replaced before it is worn off or the cushioning effect is too weak.
- For other maintenance methods, please refer to the “maintenance” part of the manual.
|V Series With Single Motor For Medium Excavators|
|E Series With Double Motors For Heavy Excavators|
|D-Series with double motors and double vibration cases for huge excavators|